Thursday, July 24, 2008

Britney Spears' mother 'haunted by death of 12-year-old boy she killed in car accident'


Britney Spears' mother Lynne has been tormented by a tragic car accident she had during her youth, which left a 12-year-old boy dead.

Lynne knocked down Anthony Winters as she turned a corner on a road in Kentwood, Louisiana in 1975.

Britney's mother was 20 years old when the accident happened and is still haunted by the tragedy to this day.

Lynne was driving her brother to the hospital after he sustained an injury when the accident occurred.

Anthony Winters was playing on his bicycle outside his family home, where he lived with his parents Joe and Yvonne Winters.

Lynne's spokesperson Louise Taylor confirmed the tragedy to American magazine National Enquirer: 'Anthony Winters and his friend were in the road on a curve on a bicycle.

'As Lynne rounded the curve, she could not avoid the boy in the street, as there was oncoming traffic in the opposite lane.

'The boy died at the hopsital as a result of his injuries, Lynne realised the boy was struck immediately, and to this day is grieved by the Winters' loss of their son.'

Anthony's younger brother Chris, who is now 36, tells the Enquirer: 'I was none but three or four, but I remember Anthony as my big brother.

'I was in the house. He was outside on his bike, a two-wheeler. He went into the street and the car went over him. I know my mother ran outside and was screaming.

'My folks told me years later, Anthony died instantly. It affected my family pretty bad.'

Lynne was never charged over the death of Anthony, because it was clearly an accident.

0 comments: