Sunday, November 02, 2008

Britney Spears 'to appear on the X Factor, says Simon Cowell'

Britney Spears is set to appear on the X Factor cementing her triumphant comeback after years battling psychiatric problems and substance addiction.

The star will be singing her new record Womaniser on the show later this month, because Simon Cowell is a fan.

He said: 'I'm really excited about it, because she has got her act together and the new record is terrific.

'She has come back from a very dark place and is a terrific artist.'

It has become a tradition on the X Factor for established artists to perform, and advise aspiring acts.

Take That, Will Young, Kylie Minogue are among the stars who have already appeared.

Spears' scheduled appearance seals her return to form after her life spiraled out of control.

In September the star made an acclaimed return at the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards and has her single Womanizer has been well received.

But the past three years have been turbulent for the troubled star.
The 26-year-old has had two failed marriages and lost custody of her children, and battled drug addictions that led to her being taken in to psychiatric care.

After Spears and Kevin Federline's three-year marriage ended in a divorce, she went on to lose custody over sons Sean Preston, three, and two-year-old Jayden James.

Last year her mental health seemed to deteriorate - marked a period of strange behavior by Spears, during which she shaved her head and was continually in and out of rehab.

She attempted a comeback in 2007 performing at the MTV Video Music Awards, but was jeered and criticized for a shambolic performance.

The star was out of shape and forgot the words to her track Gimme More.

Then in January this year, she was put under lockdown at a mental institution after she held her son hostage at her LA home.

She is planning a world tour next year and is releasing her album Circus in December. The star has also made a documentary about her breakdown.
In the 90-minute special, Britney: For The Record, she talks frankly about her problems.

She said: 'I sit there and I look back and I'm like, "I'm a smart person. What the hell was I thinking?"
'I've been through a lot in the past two or three years, and there's a lot that people don't know.

'Sometimes I think I get kind of lonely because you don't open the gate up that much, you know I mean? You're guarded. You have to be that way, so I'm kind of stuck in this place and it's like: How do you deal? And you just cope, and that's what I do. I just cope with it, every day.'

0 comments: