Thursday, February 12, 2009

'I know what it's like to feel frumpy,' says Jessica Simpson as she reveals plans to design clothes to suit curvy women

Jessica Simpson is set to turn her weight furore into a career opportunity.

The singer and sometime actress has revealed plans to launch her own fashion line for curvy women.

In a timely move, she has created clothing to help women of all shapes avoid feeling 'frumpy.'

She tells the American issue of In Style magazine: 'I want to create clothes that flatter every figure.

'I know how a dress can make you feel so frumpy. I promise mine won't.

'I know what flatters a woman, and trust me, I've been judged a lot in my life.

'By now I know what works if you're curvy.

'If my clothing and accessories make you feel great and let you walk proud and tall - in big, big platform shoes - then I'm happy.'

Simpson, 28, has not publicly responded to the criticism of her weight, but said on Wednesday: 'Honestly, I am right where I'm supposed to be.

'I am so happy. Everything is really great. It's all about keeping the faith.'

Jessica's newfound curves were first noticed on January 25th, when she performed in an unflattering pair of $106, high-waisted Grey Ant jeans at the Country Chili Cookoff in Florida.

Following the controversy over her weight gain, her sister Ashlee, ex-husband Nick Lachey and socialite friend Kim Kardashian have all defended her figure.

Jessica is thought to have gained 10 pounds in recent months, despite sister Ashlee claiming her sibling is a size two (UK size six).

The former Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica reality TV star spent months sculpting her body to play Daisy Duke for the 2005 big screen version of Dukes Of Hazzard.

She endured two-hour workouts six days a week with personal trainer Michael Alexander, who honed her physique with a combination of running, squats, lunges and weight-resistance exercises.

She also followed a South Beach Diet-style low-carb, high-protein menu which featured grilled chicken, fish and green vegetables.

After filming the part, Jessica said: 'My body is definitely an accomplishment.'

0 comments: