Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Look out Britain, here comes Paris Hilton... on a TV hunt for a new best friend

Calling all Paris Hilton fans - the hotel heiress is looking for a new British best friend and she's coming to a town near you.

The Simple Life star is on the hunt for a pal who can keep up with her fast-paced life as part of her new reality TV show aptly called Paris Hilton's New Best Friend.

The show, which is part of ITV2's new autumn schedule, sees the 27-year-old Hilton come to the UK in search of a BFF - or for best friend forever in her language.

The reality TV show will combine a group of potential friends together in a house, with Hilton eliminating them one by one until she finds her new best pal.

Explaining her reasons for looking for a new best friend in the UK, Ms Hilton said she loved coming to London but hated not having her 'bestie' with her when she arrived.

'Everyone knows I love LA but London, watch out - I'm coming to town and bringing my fast-paced life with me,' she said.

'I'm in the UK all the time, but of course I can't bring all my friends, so I've decided to look for a new BFF across the pond.

'I need a best friend who is hot, who can keep up with me, and most of all, who is real and won't be a backstabber.

'I'm not leaving London until I find that amazing girl or guy who can meet the challenges of being my British bestie!'

ITV2 controller, Zai Bennett, told the Guardian that signing Hilton's exclusive show was a big coup for the broadcaster and described her as 'absolutely the kind of person we want on ITV2'.

0 comments: