Sunday, August 24, 2008

‘I’m not scared of scenes’


Daniel Radcliffe is preparing to bare all in the final film of the Harry Potter franchise and insists he isn't scared about stripping off on screen.

The 19-year-old was required to disrobe on stage when he starred in the dramatic play Equus in London's West End last year, a role he'll soon reprise on Broadway.

And he insists the experience has given him the confidence to appear in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which starts filming next year.

He says, “At first I thought I'd have pants the scene. Apparently not. But I've sort of done that before on stage. It's all old hat now, really.”

The Harry Potter star is pleased he starred in theatre production Equus - because he is now deemed a serious actor. The 19-year-old took on the lead role in the dramatic play in London's West End in 2007 and is taking the production to Broadway later this year (08).

And the actor has no regrets about taking to the stage.

He tells U.S magazine OK!, “Actors see me differently now. They think I'm taken more seriously now. The perception is that theatre people are taken seriously.”

0 comments: