Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Richie Drink-driving Trial Set For Next Month.


Socialite Nicole Richie will contest her driving under the influence charge in court next month (Jul07). At a Los Angeles hearing yesterday (19Jun07), a trial date was set for 11 July after Richie's lawyers were reportedly unable to reach a plea bargain agreement with prosecutors. Richie was arrested for drink-driving last December (06). She is pleading not guilty to the charge and faces up to one year in jail if found guilty. The 25-year-old already has a 2003 misdemeanour Dui conviction. Earlier this month (Jun07), Richie told U.S. chat show host David Letterman, "I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and of course I'm scared also, but I'm willing to face whatever consequences come my way, and I take responsibility for what I've done."

0 comments: