Saturday, July 21, 2007

Barbra Streisand Ditched Music Career Because She Forgot Her Words


Superstar Barbra Streisand once abandoned her music career because she forgot the lines to her greatest hits live onstage. The diva quit the music scene in the late 1960s following the incident and only returned three years later following the introduction of modern technology. She says, "I was once doing a concert in Central Park when I forgot the words to one of my songs. "It frightened me so much that I didn't sing again in public for three years. "Then, as soon as they invented the teleprompter, I came back." During her career Streisand has recorderd more than 60 albums and is the best selling female artist of all time in America. She hs also won an Academy Award for best actres for her role in Funny Girl as well as for Best Soundtrack for A Star Is Born. But the diva shocked staff of a top London hotel this week when she made a list of demands which included that none of the staff were to look her in the eye.

0 comments: