Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Paris Hilton goes green


The hotel heiress is planning to swap her gas-guzzling Range Rover SUV for a Ford hybrid, after the car manufacturers gave her an eco-friendly vehicle as a gift.Paris said at music magazine BPM's green party at Los Angeles' Avalon nightclub: "I'm getting a car from Ford, a hybrid one."They gave me one. So, I think driving hybrid cars is the new way to go, and recycling."'The Simple Life' star - who recently spent 23 days in jail for driving with a suspended licence - is also planning to use her MySpace page to encourage fans to go green.She said: On my MySpace, I'm going to start writing about ways kids can help save the world, because anyone can do it, no matter how old you are or where you're from."I just want this world to be a better place for my grandchildren."I'm scared with what's going on in the environment, so I hope people will help and make a difference. Everyone can."

0 comments: