Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Paris Hilton's happy ending


Paris Hilton is "happy" 'The Simple Life' has been axed. The hotel heiress, who starred in the reality TV show with close friend Nicole Richie, insists she is glad TV network E! has decided not to commission another series. Paris told 'Entertainment Tonight': "It's been a great five years and we had so much fun. I'm happy to end it at that." Insiders claim E! bosses chose not to record any more episodes of the show because Paris and Nicole's private lives had been receiving too much attention. Paris recently spent 23 days in jail for driving with a suspended licence, while Nicole - who is rumoured to be pregnant - was sentenced to four days in prison after pleading guilty to DUI (driving under the influence) last week. A source said: "We felt like the real life drama of their lives overshadowed anything happening on the show. "Viewers would see Paris all day long on the news about her going to jail, so they didn't care about seeing her camping with kids. It was a case of overexposure." Paris also revealed she is heartbroken about selling her four-bedroom Hollywood Hills home. But the socialite says she feels she has to because the property - on the market for $4.25 million - has become too famous. She explained: "I feel like a lot of people know where I live so it's time to move. I'm really upset because I love my house so much. I put so much work into it. It's totally me! But I'm looking for something else right now."

0 comments: