Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Nude Keira Knightley Gives Props to Genes, Airbrushing


We don’t really care what forces were behind the recent Keira Knightley nude photo spread for Chanel. But the actress is gonna tell us anyway.“Somebody goes, ‘Gosh, you’re pretty,’ ” Knightley said to the UK’s Radio Times. “Thanks. I’ve got good genes!More than just thanking her family, the lovely Brit also gives props to the advertising experts that know how to touch up a picture. She said:“OK, I’m on the cover of a magazine but somebody else does the hair, and the makeup, and airbrushes the f— out of me – it’s not me, it’s something other people have created.We’re not sure why The Pirates of the Caribbean star – who replaced Kate Moss as the face of Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle fragrance – is so defensive about her looks.We just think you’re very pretty, Keira.Of course, this isn’t the first time the actress has taken issue with how she’s portrayed in the media. In January, she successfully sued Britain’s Daily Mail for suggesting she had an eating disorder. (Somehow, she must have missed all The Hollywood Gossip articles pretty much claiming the same thing.)“You couldn’t say anything more horrendous,” Knightley said of the newspaper’s claims about her thin looks. “So yes, I did take a hard line, and I would take that line again.”Fortunately, that disgustingly gaunt Jenna Jameson is taking no such line with us and other celebrity news outlets for commenting on her weight.Finally, Knightley says - in a sexy, sexy accent - that “when I was 16, 17, I felt incredibly awkward about the way I looked.”We’d imagine this is the same for most girls. Except Hayden Panettiere, of course. That Heroes star turns 18 today. Time to embrace her beauty!

0 comments: