Friday, November 09, 2007

I’m to blame for Britney’s woes, says her mom

Britney Spears’ mother has publicly blamed herself for the pop superstar’s woes - because she couldn’t be with her daughter as she grew up on tour.Lynne Spears, 52, insists her daughter’s problems have been building up for years, and now the singer’s a mess as she battles for custody of her kids.Worried Lynne fell out with the singer earlier this year after she was part of an intervention party that reportedly forced Britney into rehab, but she insists her daughter has been showing signs of losing it for years. In an exclusive interview with Life and Style magazine, Lynne claims her troubled daughter would be in a much better place if she had joined Britney on the road after her pop career took off.She says, “I wish I’d been there more while she was touring, but I couldn’t be. I had the other kids to look after.
“I didn’t raise my children to have Hollywood careers. This all just exploded in my face, and big dreams became big headaches.” Britney’s problems seem to be getting worse. She lost custody of her sons, Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1, to ex-husband Kevin Federline, and her visits with her boys must be supervised by a court-appointed monitor. The monitor recently criticised Britney’s parenting skills and asserted that the singer is “often distracted and in her own world when she has the kids.”

0 comments: