Sunday, October 21, 2007

Kate Ford: I almost choked on my engagement ring


Corrie star nearly swallowed the sparklerNewly-married Kate Ford has revealed how she almost choked on her engagement ring when her husband proposed.Jon Connerty, 30, slipped the sparkler into her champagne glass – but the ex-Corrie star failed to see it.'I'm sipping on champagne, saying how much I appreciate the thought he'd put into our first proper Valentine's Day together,' she tells Sunday magazine.'But he was watching my champagne glass so closely, I had to look down myself, thinking maybe there was a fly in it or something. And there was a “something”.'Fortunately for Jon, 30-year-old Kate noticed the ring at the last moment and didn't swallow it.'Once I'd realised the ring was in there, that's when Jon said: "Will you marry me?"' says Kate. 'It was the perfect proposal. It was like an out-of-body experience.'

0 comments: