Sunday, October 21, 2007

Leona Lewis: I love Stella McCartney

But The X Factor winner say she can't afford the designer's clothesDiamonds are a girl's best friend - but not for Leona Lewis.Despite a reported £5m recording contract, the 22-year-old singer says she hates spending money on extravagances.'I have nothing bling about me,' she says. 'I stay away from diamonds – you don't know where they've come from.'The X Factor winner is a vegetarian so also turns her nose up at animal-hide handbags.'I don't have clothes, shoes or bags made from leather or suede or any animal products,' Leona tells The Sunday Times magazine.'Shoes are hard to find. [I have] fake Uggs. And I've got a pair of vintage boots, which are PVC.'The singer admires ethical designer clothes but doesn't want to pay a fortune.'I love Stella McCartney,' she explains. 'But she's very expensive. I'm on a mission.'I would love to promote a line of non-leather bags and shoes that are affordable. I think more needs to be available and not as expensive.'

0 comments: