Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Naomi Campbell slams Doherty


Naomi Campbell has branded Pete Doherty an "a***hole" for the way he treated Kate Moss.Naomi, who is good friends with Kate, is glad her pal dumped the troubled rocker as she is far too good for him.Speaking about the 33-year-old model's new boyfriend, vegan rock star Jamie Hince, Naomi said: "I hear Kate has a new man. That's fantastic - good for her. As long as he's not like that a***hole Pete. Urgh! "I hated the way he treated her. I don't mind if her new guy's a rocker, as long as he looks after her. I'm so happy for Kate. She truly deserves the best."Speaking at the launch of Fashion for Relief, a charity show organised by the 37-year-old model to raise cash for Britain's flood victims, Naomi says she only wants the best for Kate.She added: "Kate's a great mother and a lovely, lovely person. She deserves a guy that will treat her right and appreciate her."Kate split from Pete in June after he allegedly cheated on her with South African model Lindi Hingston.Kate began dating Jamie, one half of British band The Kills, last month and is grateful for Naomi's backing.She said: "Naomi's been so supportive of me. I love her for it. It's so sweet. She's always there for me."Mother-of-one Kate says Naomi is just one of many friends who has been helping her put her life back together since her separation from the Babyshambles frontman.She added: "I speak to Naomi loads. I really wanted to make it to her charity fashion event to give her my support as she's always there for me, but unfortunately I couldn't be there."

0 comments: